Best Tapas Restaurants in New York City
April 22, 2021 0
While Barcelona may be the tapas capital of the world, New York City is not far behind. Here are the top best tapas restaurants in New York:
- Mercado Little Spain – this restaurant has been serving the city’s best Spanish cuisine for almost twenty years. You can order from a selection of Tapas like patatas bravas (fried potatoes in spicy tomato sauce), tortilla Espanola (a Spanish omelet), and fabada (a Spanish stew).
- Café Salamanca – is the best place to have a taste of the best Tapas in New York City. The Tapas here are authentic, affordable, and the perfect portion size. Some of the most famous Tapas served at this café include the grilled octopus served with chorizo and the croquetas. They also have a variety of wines to choose from.
- Boqueria – What really sets Boqueria apart is its authentic Spanish Tapas. The menu is small, but each dish has flavor. Boqueria’s menu is divided into sections for cold Tapas, hot Tapas, and hot plates, which is a great way to order if you are a first-timer at the restaurant.
- Pil Pil – This Upper West Side eatery has been serving up authentic Spanish cuisine since the 70s, and it’s still going strong. A family-owned and -operated establishment, Pil Pil has an impressive wine selection to accompany its flavorful Tapas.
- Buceo 95 – Located in the heart of Astoria, Queens, this restaurant has a large menu of different Tapas, ranging from classic Spanish staples like gambas al ajillo and tapa to more inventive items like grilled octopus and foie gras.
These best tapas restaurants in New York City are the inspiration behind the idea of “small plates” dining. Though the idea of “small plate” dining is catching on across the country, nowhere do the dishes of Spain take center stage quite like they do in the Big Apple. If you want to taste one, visit one of these restaurants.…